[ale] LILO help!

Adam Teja arteja at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 1 14:00:17 EDT 1998

Help! I did something stupid!

I blasted my Linux kernel (accidentally) while trying to recompile it.
So I decided to just reinstall...

Now my machine won't boot; it gets to the point in the
boot up (LILO)

LI  ... then just trails off into LockUpVille

I tried to (DOS)"fdisk /mbr" the hard drive, but to no avail

Is there anything I can do to reinitialize the drive.
I was told to (DOS)fdisk the entire partition to DOS and let  the
RedHat install redo it's magic... this seems stupid, isn't there a way
I can do this w/o reverting to another OS?

Thanks,
Adam

==
all my email accounts are being forwarded to web-mail...

you may still email to:
ateja at acm.org, ateja at spsu.edu, arteja at mediaone.net
arteja at mindspring.com