[ale] Linux as a Terminal Server?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Thu Oct 1 13:57:52 EDT 1998

Ok,
  I'm going crazy right now trying to find a "system" I can use as a
terminal/console server. I need something that I can connect ttya from
my Servers (SUN) to the serial of some machine and use it to remotly
access the physical console of my server.  This way I can login as
root remotely in an emergency (NIS  is down) or send a STOP-A/break
to hardbood the machine.  Does anyone know if I can do this with a
Linux box with a serial port multiplier?  Has anyone done it?  Any
suggestions?

Robert

Robert L. Harris                |   You mean you paid
Senior System Administrator II  |        MONEY for
  at Great West Life.           \_    Service Pack '98???

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: