[ale] M$ Project replacement?

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Wed Nov 25 08:24:31 EST 1998

I believe he uses it most for time line planning, and such.

He needs it to show management how things are going since they can't
deal with a "normal" status report.  Remember, they need pretty
pictures, or it's not feasible.

Robert

Thus spake Chris Ricker (kaboom at gatech.edu):

> On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
> >
> > >   StarOffice is acting nicely, however I can't find a replacement for
> > > M$ Project to do project planning, etc.  Any thoughts?
> >
> > Two of them:
> >
> > 1) Gantt charts are evil; rebel!
> > 2) Write a replacement using that dream development environment which
> >    is GNOME!  (www.gnome.org)
> >

> Depending on what aspects of "project planning" you use MS Project for,
> Think (http://www.duke.edu/~pat4/think/) might do what you want.  And yes,
> it's part of GNOME.  I doubt it's what you want (it's more of a note / idea
> organizer, kinda like a really old program Norton used to make before they
> got into utilities), but it's the only Linux app I know of which bills
> itself as a Project replacement.
>
> later,
> chris
>
> --
> Chris Ricker                                            kaboom at gatech.edu
>                                                chris.ricker at m.cc.utah.edu

Robert L. Harris                |   Windows --
Senior System Administrator II  |        Proof Micro$oft has
  at Great West Life.           \_            a room full of monkeys.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: