[ale] M$ Project replacement?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Nov 25 02:59:18 EST 1998

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>
> >   StarOffice is acting nicely, however I can't find a replacement for
> > M$ Project to do project planning, etc.  Any thoughts?
>
> Two of them:
>
> 1) Gantt charts are evil; rebel!
> 2) Write a replacement using that dream development environment which
>    is GNOME!  (www.gnome.org)

Depending on what aspects of "project planning" you use MS Project for,
Think (http://www.duke.edu/~pat4/think/) might do what you want.  And yes,
it's part of GNOME.  I doubt it's what you want (it's more of a note / idea
organizer, kinda like a really old program Norton used to make before they
got into utilities), but it's the only Linux app I know of which bills
itself as a Project replacement.

later,
chris

--