[ale] Linux Government Links

Doug Todd dwt at atlanta.com
Tue May 5 23:19:03 EDT 1998

Hello Everyone:

I just received a call from an old buddy of mine who wants to upgrade
the government communications systems in a mid size town in South Dakota
--
he's the emergency communications coordinator for the town and county.

Naturally, I suggested that in his due diligence process, he needs to
take
a look at Linux.

Fine, he said, One of the big requirements is that the system meet C2
security, be stable, have remote administration, and, have applications
written
that can handle 911 call logging, dispatch police, fire and ambulance
services,
and assorted other city functions.

Well the ball is back in my court. Now I need help. Does anyone know
of links to success stories where this type of system has been
implemented?
I recall a story about Garden Grove CA in the Linux Journal, but have
not
been able to find a web page that talks about it.

What I really need are links that talk about Linux in city government,
and
Linux security.

As always, thanks for your help.

Douglas Todd