[ale] AfterStep w/ SuSE?

Geoff Harrison mandrake at mandrake.net
Tue Jun 9 00:56:32 EDT 1998

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 06:53:03PM -0400, Mark Cantrell wrote:
> I once saw something similar to this when building another X application
> type thingy. You may want to make sure Imake is working on your system
> or try installing a newer version.
>
> Mark
>

> David A. Brooks wrote:
>
> > ale-
> >
> > Okay, due to an unfortunate turn of events, I was forced to reinstall
> > over
> > my old Linux partition...but anyways.. thats not the problem.
> >
> > Currently, I am running S.u.S.E. 5.1 with kernel 2.0.34.  I've
> > downloaded
> > just about every AfterStep 1.4.* distro I possibly can... however,
> > after I
> > run the './configure' and then run 'xmkmf', I get the following error:
> >
> > ---------- 8<   snip   >8 -------------
> >
> > .:[/incoming/AfterStep-1.4.5.55N]# xmkmf
> > mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
> > imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
> > Imakefile.c:13: Imake.tmpl: No such file or directory
> > imake: Exit code 33.
> >   Stop.
> >
> > ---------- 8<   snip   >8 -------------
> >
> > This same version compiled on Slackware 3.4 running kernel 2.0.34.
> > To me it looks like its looking for a file called 'Imake.tmpl' but its
> > not
> > finding it... either with an error in the configure script or some
> > other
> > odd reason unbeknownst to me.  What baffles me is that it compiles on
> > Slackware...

You don't have a complete Imake package.  Imake.tmpl is your system's
default values for various things requested in a particular applications
Imakefile.  the distribution should have come with one (it was able
to build enlightenment 0.12 which comes with the distribution -- which
requires imake to build).  If you didn't install all the x development
tools and their pieces that would most likely be the reason.

--
Geoff Harrison (http://mandrake.net)
Senior Systems Engineer