[ale] Bad partion table - addendum

Matt Shade mshade at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 29 01:56:45 EDT 1998

Maybe I'm just tired tonight and need to tackle this in the
morning.....I do have an fdisk listing for it, so I tried what you
recommended - deleted the partitions, then readded them the way they
were, but still get "bad partition table" when I write it.

If I try to mount it, i get a message about the superblock, so I tried
e2fsck on an alternate superblock, and even that bombs with a message
about trying to read past the end of the partition.

I think I need to look at it fresh in the morning. My brain hurts  :)

Matt

--
    / /                                       |Matt Shade (RCE)
  / /__ / /_ _/ North American Response Center|mss at atl.hp.com
 / / / / /_/ /  20 Perimeter Summit Boulevard |Matt Shade /HP-USA,om41
/_/ /_/ /___/   Atlanta, Georgia  30319 /USA  |Phone: 404/T 648-3076
    /_/