[ale] /lib/modules/2.1.XXX.Mine ???

Nomad the Wanderer nomad at orci.com
Sat Jul 25 22:50:58 EDT 1998

  I'm building kernels for friends who don't have the speed/space
power to do it themselves.   It's working well, except for one problem.
When I do the make modules_install it overwrites my modules, unless I move
them.  And then, if I don't move mine back before I reboot, it can't
find mine.  Is there a way to move my modules to something like
/lib/modules/2.1.XXX.Robert or the like?

  Also,  right now, I do this when building a kernel:

  make dep; make clean; make -j zImage; make -j bzImage

  would it break anything to leave out the zImage and go straight to the
bzImage?

Robert
Robert L. Harris                |   Educate the Masses,
Senior System Administrator II  |      Don't just help them to
  at Great West Life.           \_       Remain ignorant.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER:

FYI: