[ale] FYI... Oracle, Informix & CA to port databases to

Brett Spangler bretts at cmpu.net
Tue Jul 21 18:10:12 EDT 1998

I totally agree. We run Vertias for backup and for VM on 6 HP V boxes, 50
K580's and 2 Ultra 10k's, off EMC 5700 fiber arrays, and it hauls. Trying
to use Alltel's purchasing power, I asked Alltel's Vertias rep if they
might be intrested in attending the 98 Atlanta Linux Showcase so they could
get a first hand look at Linux and gauge "desire" for a product like
Veritas in the Linux community.

Haven't heard one way or another, but I guess we shall see..

At 03:59 PM 7/21/98 -0600, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>To anyone who does "volume management", I'm using Solaris and Veritas
>for my large systems.  Raid5, 0+1 and the whole deal.  Great product,
>but they don't see a point in porting to linux.  I'm calling them and
>trying to get them to understand that I'm sure management would be willing
>to pay out for a NFS/Samba server that offers the same or better
reliablility,
>stability and speed of a Sun box with just a fraction of the cost.
>
>If anyone else would look at this solution, call veritas and tell them.
>If you want more info on it, I'll be glad to tell you what I can.
>
>Robert
>
>Thus spake Terry Lee Tucker (terry at esc1.com):

Brett Spangler MCSE, CCIE, Sun Certified SA www.cmpu.net/naz
export PATH=/state/alabama:/state/mississippi
if [ "$fam_tree" !=fork ]; then
     echo "Redneck"
elif [ -x /chlorine/put ]; then
   . /chlorine/put >> gene_pool