[ale] Sendmail

Michael D. Ivey, RHCE ivey at gweezlebur.com
Mon Jul 20 19:49:26 EDT 1998

On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 04:56:44PM -0500, Bob Kruger wrote:

> Are there any Sendmail gurus out there.

Supposedly...

> Let me rephrase - are there any sendmail gurus out there who still have a
> shred of sanity... ;-).

Oooh, that makes it much more difficult.

> If so, a quick question from a Sendmail novice who is struggling with a
> simple setup.  I have a closed network that on occasion needs to have mail
> moved from one server to another.  Example - send a message from
> bkruger at server1 to jsmith at server2.  Is there a simple way to have a MTA
> such as sendmail do this?

Is the /etc/aliases file what you want?  It lets you forward from one server
to another.  Take a look, you should have one already with some basic
system aliases.  run 'newaliases' after modifying the file.

If this isn't what you wanted, drop me a line...sounds like a simple thing
you want to do.

/mdi

--
 Michael D. Ivey, RHCE | :r ~/doc/std_disclaimer.txt