[ale] Need a recommendation

Heaton, William P William.Heaton at West.Boeing.com
Thu Jul 16 06:35:32 EDT 1998

	If you only knew how much I've swapped around to stop this
problem. I, like you, have been using the S3 for about a year at home
with lovely performance, that is, until about a week ago. Now when I'm
running X, the slightest wrong mouse move will send the machine into
a lock-up that reminds me of Win31! I've removed all components
except what was needed, swapped mice, swapped memory, swapped
the kbd, HD, etc. I'm taking an ATI Rage home to try tonight and see if that
does it, if not I assume the power supply could be passing a nasty spike
in once in a while, or the DMA controller has gone bonkers on the
motherboard. I'm glad components are cheap these days...

Phil Heaton - Boeing Metrology
(770)497-5565 - Lab
(404)726-5769 - Pager
 <<...>>