[ale] xdir / lestiff

Steven A DuChene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Jul 10 16:41:51 EDT 1998

David Hamm <dhamm at itserve.com wrote:
> What does this mean?  I compiled the sources for both lestiff and xdir
> successfully but I get the following error when I try to run Xdir.
>
> [dhamm at alph downloads]$ xdir
> xdir: error in loading shared libraries
> libXm.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> [dhamm at alph downloads]$ locate libXm.so.1
> /home/dhamm/downloads/lt/lesstif-current/lib/Xm/.libs/libXm.so.1
> /home/dhamm/downloads/lt/lesstif-current/lib/Xm/.libs/libXm.so.1.2
> /usr/local/lib/libXm.so.1
> /usr/local/lib/libXm.so.1.2

Did you run ldconfig after installing the lesstif libraries and is
/usr/local/lib in the /etc/ld.so.conf file?

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		  X/CDE/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.