[ale] regrets and a question

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.net
Fri Jul 10 00:48:31 EDT 1998

Regret: sorry I wasn't there tonight; I was too busy to tear myself away
from work.

Question: If I buy an HP LaserJet 6Lse, can I use it under Linux?  Would
I have to convert postscript->PCL before printing?  Can I do that with gs?

I' love to hear suggestions from anyone wrt which printer to buy.  I want
a good 600dpi laser with a decent paper tray.  Print speed doesn't matter,
but quality does.  Ideas?  I've read good things about this HP, a Lexmark
seems too expensive, but most importantly, I don't know a lot about
printing.  I'd love to hear suggestions.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       Director of Web Engineering   (800) 719-4664, x2804
******Linux******         MindSpring Enterprises      tlewis at mindspring.net