[ale] Mailing List subscriber format

Matt Perry matt at primefactor.com
Thu Jul 9 18:54:20 EDT 1998

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Mike Williamson wrote:

> What is the correct format for entries in the subscriber list so that a
> "who listname" request returns not only e-mail addresses, but the
> 'friendly' name of the subscriber?
>
> Similarly, is there a different way to structure the "approve" script so
> the subscriber's 'friendly' name gets put in the subscriber list?
>
> I'm currently using--
>
> approve password subscribe listname user at domain.com

I believe that if you put John Doe <user at domain.com>
after the list name, that it will store it properly.  However, there is a
field in the config files for majordomo called "strip".  If that is set to
yes, which I know it is by deafult on Majordomo 1.94.4, it will removed
any of this extra stuff and just save the raw address.