[ale] Samba logins

David Hamm dhamm at luxbbs.itserve.com
Sun Jul 5 17:23:12 EDT 1998

I suspect you had security=share in your old /etc/smb.conf file and now it
is security=user.  Either way setting security=share will solve your
problem.  The other solution is to move the /user/doc/samba??/*.reg files
some where that your WinX boxes can get to them and double click the
appropriate one.  This will allow WinNT4 Service Pack 3 and above to use
clear text passwords.
Did you also put on Service Pac 3 recently?