[ale] scsi gurus are needed BAAAAAAD !!!!

Mike Kachline kachline at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 3 18:46:25 EDT 1998

	Courtney,

<snip>
> I have done.........
>
> 	make xconfig and clicked on "Scsi Support" and under it found:
<snip>
<snip>
> 	when I click for example on "scsi generic support" to change it to "y",
> I can't find a way to save a new setting.
<snip>

	Try using "make menuconfig" to configure your kernel instead of
"make xconfig". If neither work, try "make configure". Perhaps xconfig is
broken in that section of the 2.0.30 kernel? If I were in your shoes, I
would skip the whole module idea, compile the stuff directly into the
kernel, then "make bzdisk" onto a floppy and see if your floppy image
works, that way you can avoid all of the insmod stuff too.

						Hope this helps a little,
							- Mike
Michael Kachline - CS, Georgia Tech
kachline at cc.gatech.edu