[ale] My Laptop X ?

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Tue Jan 20 11:05:52 EST 1998

Ok,
  I"m running RedHat5.0.  It's a new install, not an upgrade.  I've installed
AcceratedX and XF86.  I'm currently trying to use fvwm2.  I tried to use
twm even.  When I type "startx" it locks.  I can't ctrl-alt-bckspace, or
flip to a different console.  I can however telnet in from outside.  Once
in, I can start killing procs, but nothing clears the screen of the X but
a reboot.  One other note is that it seems to try and not bring the X up
in 800x600 or even 640x480.  It stays somewhere areoudn 320x200 or something.

It's a cirrus Logic 7548 adapter with 2 megs.

Anyone got any ideas?

Robert
Robert L. Harris          |   NT is secure....
System Engineer For Hire. \_   as long as you don't remove the shrink wrap.

http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: