[ale] CDROM - where is it?

Huong Q. Dinh quynh at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jan 14 19:40:24 EST 1998

Hello,

I've seen a lot of messages about CDROMs - wish I had read them all.
I know that at some point Linux must have been able to read my CDROM
because I installed it from a Slackware CD.  I can't recall anymore
which device directory it is.  I have a /CDROM directory, but when
I do a listing on it with the Linux cd in the drive, nothing is listed.
I have an IDE CDROM, which device directory under /dev do you think
it might be.

Additionally, when I boot up Linux, it gives me a NO CDROM message,
and when I run setup and try to scan for an IDE drive, it tells me
that it can't find one.  I'm quite sure it isn't the CDROM drive
because it's fine under Windows.

Any help will be much appreciated.  thanks,
- Quynh (quynh at cc.gatech.edu)