[ale] LILO/BIOS 0x01 Problem: Help?

Daniel S. Cox danny at ecweb.com
Mon Jan 5 08:08:40 EST 1998

Greetings, all!

	My best Christmas present is a new Intel P200 MMX from Ginstar computer.
They're pretty cheap, but now, I may be paying the price.

	When I attempt to use the RedHat boot disk, lilo prints an "L" and then an
endless string of "01".  Reading the lilo docs says that the first stage
bootloader loaded, but the 01 is a hex code from the BIOS saying "unknown
operation".  The BIOS is by Award, dated September something, 1997.  Has
anyone seen anything like this before?  A quick search from www.linux.org
revealed little of use.

	I guess I could use LOADLIN, but it would sure be nice to have LILO work
properly.

	Thanks for your time!

Danny

System:
Pentium 200 MHz MMX
32 MB RAM
512 KB L2 Cache
Generic (cheap) motherboard with Intel TX chipset
Award BIOS
33.6 internal modem/FAX
Serial Mitsumi Mouse
102 key keyboard