[ale] Sony CD-ROM info

Tom Simpson bullet45 at usit.net
Sat Dec 26 12:13:00 EST 1998

	I have a Sony CDU535 CD-ROM drive (an old Sony proprietary interface
model) that I am trying set up in my sisters Win 95 system. Win 95 of
course has drivers for it but I have no information on how to set the
jumpers on this card. I had it working on a Linux (old Slackware) box a few
years back and had to set the jumpers to a non-default setting to get
around a resource problem on the old 386 I was using. Now I dont know how
to get the controler set back back to default so Win 95 can find it and not
lock the system up on boot, as WIn95 only supports these drives set at
default. If y'all cant help me, I'll have to give her one of my IDE drives,
and I have more money tied up in this Christmas gift than I intended to as
it is (new MB, processor, RAM, etc). I'tll work under Linux fine, but I was
hoping to hang onto my 8x IDE.  :)

	BTW, Sony has drivers and tech data, but nothing on jumper settings. How
lame.

Thanks:

-Tom