[ale] slackware pkgtool

Brad Sawyer bjsawyer at worldnet.att.net
Tue Dec 22 07:54:15 EST 1998

Morning all,

I am using an old slackware 3.2 on a 486/100 16meg mem, 212 meg hd.  I am
trying to become Linux enabled and gain some of the benefits from it.  I did
a basic install a while back without adding all the options due to space.  I
now want to add Xfree and some other options.  I gather I should be able to
use 'pkgtool' to do this. But when I start it up it asks if I want to
install from the default location or other location, and no matter where I
point it to, it drops back to the command prompt.  I do have the cdrom
mounted and can read the cd disk 1.    I know I need to upgrade the HD and
Linux, but while I am learning I'm trying to make due with what I've got.

Thanks and brgds,
Brad Sawyer