[ale] SCSI fun n' games

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Tue Dec 15 15:37:11 EST 1998

Sounds to me like the motor jumper is not shorted.

Some older SCSI drives had a jumper which would supply the power to the
motor.  If that is not shorted, then the motor gets no power.

Alternatively, it *is* an old Seagate.  Could be "sticktion."  The older
Seagates have a tendency to fuse their heads to the platter.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Stealing is illegal... the government hates competition.