[ale] Parallel ports

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. critter at wizvax.net
Mon Dec 14 06:53:17 EST 1998

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998, Wandered Inn wrote:

> "Glenn C. Lasher Jr." wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone tell me if it is possible to put a third parallel port on a
> > machine, and if so, how?  My plan is to use the third port for a scanner,
> > which I don't wish to drop a bundle on for SCSI.
>
> You can buy an addon board that contains a parallel port.  Generally
> they contain two serial, a parellel and sometimes an IDE port.  I bought
> one a while back that had all of the above, and you could enable/disable
> any or all of the devices with dip switches.  You main issue would
> probably be IRQs.

Unfortunately, it appears not to be IRQ's, but addresses.  I have such a
board in my box of miscellaneous parts, but it can only be jumpered to
0x278 or 0x378, and the same is true of the board in my computer now, and
of the parallel port on the motherboard, so I'm a little stuck.

--
Critter at Wizvax.Net
Stealing is illegal... the government hates competition.