[ale] Problems, now Swap Space

Michael B Golden naugrim at juno.com
Mon Dec 7 17:51:32 EST 1998

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 06:59:18 -0500 (EST) "Glenn C. Lasher Jr."
<critter at wizvax.net> writes:
>Glancing at your machine specs at the bottom, your machine is
>certainly up to the task.  I suspect you are short of swap space.  Type
'free' and
>see if anything appears in the third row (Swap) under the first column
>(Total).  If not, then you need to create some swap space.

	Upon checking it using what you said, lo and behold, you were
right. There is no swap space on my system. I thought Slackware was
supposed to automatically create it on installation. I can't make any
now, as I don't have enough HD space free. (I have two drives, a 520M
[6.17M Free] , and a 610M [41.4 Free] {This drive houses Linux}). I
cannot afford to lessen this space for a swap space. Are there any other
browsers I could install that would not require one? (Like Mosaic, I
don't want to use Lynx or any other text-based one) If anyone knows of
any unbelievably cheap Non-Maxtor drives, I could use it. I don't mean
just regular, I mean REALLY cheap.

Michael Golden
Naugrim at Juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]