[ale] Linux friendly ISP

Zephaniah E, Hull warp at whitestar.soark.net
Sat Dec 5 08:31:05 EST 1998

--6WlEvdN9Dv0WHSBl

On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 09:37:56PM -0500, Jere McDevitt wrote:
> Ok,
>=20
<snip>
> Also, anyone using a MediaOne cable modem with Linux?  Don't know if it's
> available my area, but I'm gonna sure check.

Have a MediaOne cable modem here, I've never had a time where I've
called up and they ask for me to do stuff with the software (which would
be kinda hard to do windows specific stuff), every now and then their
contractors happily put a high-pass filter on the line, filtering out the
cable modem's signal, but aside from that they have been ok..

Lately they re-did a good chunk of their network setup so most things go
through someone called cw.net, which really stinks compared to before,
oh well, still MUCH better then any modem, and considering that for $40
a month you pay about the same for a phone line and a ISP...

Zephaniah E, Hull.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Jere
>=20

--=20
 PGP EA5198D1-Zephaniah E, Hull <warp at whitestar.soark.net>-GPG E65A7801
    Keys available at http://whitestar.soark.net/~warp/public_keys.
           CCs of replies from mailing lists are encouraged.

--6WlEvdN9Dv0WHSBl

--6WlEvdN9Dv0WHSBl--