[ale] Linux friendly ISP

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Dec 4 09:07:22 EST 1998

Jere McDevitt wrote:

> Ok,
>
> I'm getting tired of the problems with my Mindspring account.  I can't even
> get through a full fetch of news messages without it dropping out on me.
>
> Any pointers to Linux friendly ISPs in th 770 area code?  Contacts?  Also,
> anyone using a MediaOne cable modem with Linux?  Don't know if it's available
> my area, but I'm gonna sure check.

I'm with Atlnet who is very Linux friendly.  I've got a dedicated IP and
they run either Sun or Linux boxes.  Give them a call, I don't know
their phone, but check it out at www.atlnet.com.  They'll bill you
quarterly and give you a discount if you take that option.  They have
the best deals on ISDN connectivity I've seen, if that's an option.

I've had very few problems with them, and when I have, they already are
working on them when I call.  Their support is excellent and the
downtime has been virtually non-existent.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

You mean you paid MONEY for Service Pack '98????