[ale] Control Panel Process Running Amok

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 1 16:39:16 EST 1998

On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Vernard Martin wrote:

> > Why is this happening and how can I prevent it?  This is really bothering
> > me.
>
> Sounds to me like the control-panel is not exiting properly when you log out.
> Instead it freaks out and starts grabbing cycles. My suggestion is to
> explicitly exit the control-panel before logging out.

Also, don't automatically start it every time you log in.  Most of the
control-panel should only be done as root any way, so it's pointless to
start it up automatically (unless you run all the time as root, in which
case you've got other problems to deal with ;-).

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                            kaboom at gatech.edu