[ale] Linux shines in Web server face-off

Daniel Boyd dboyd at berry.edu
Thu Sep 4 15:44:07 EDT 1997

Warning!  Good press announcement for Linux follows...

To see what InternetWeek (formerly CommunicationsWeek) thinks of
Linux as a Web server platform see the Sept. 1, 1997 issue.  There is
a Web server comparison between RedHat Linux 4.2, SCO
Enterprise Server, WindowsNT, BSDI, and FreeBSD.  While BSDI
took top honors (mainly for ease of configuration - Linux
outperformed all of the servers at peak loads and throughput with one
exception, that being the test of connections per second running in
dual processor mode where NT? took top honors and Linux was second.
The URL http://techweb.cmp.com/internetwk/reviews/reviews.htm has
some info but I couldn't find any charts on the site.  Good press
IMHO.

Dan

Daniel Boyd, CNA              Voice: 706/236-1750
Network Manager               Fax: 706/238-7858
Computing and Technology      email: dboyd at berry.edu
Berry College         "We are confronted with
                       insurmountable opportunities."
                             -Walt Kelly