[ale] gimp and rpms

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Mon Oct 20 23:51:03 EDT 1997

For those of you that had providing some insights into rpms, I thought
I'd share my final solution to installing gimp.  It appears that one of
my rpms was not a complete.  I didn't notice when I downloaded it, that
it terminated early.  Anyway, I'd finally gotten to the point where I
got 2 of the 3 rpms installed, but the last would not fly.   All it
would say was: '*.rpm can not be installed.'  I think,  a little more
informative would be nice.  Anyway, once I figured it out, I downloaded
the whole puppy, installed it and I'm cooking now.  Thanks for the
pointers on rpms.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com