[ale] Poor Resolution Troubleshooting...

Sean Dillon dillon at avana.net
Mon Oct 20 22:53:45 EDT 1997

Hi everybody,

I'm running Slakware 3.2 on a P120 here at home.  I have a 15" MAG =
Innovision monitor.  I'm having a hell of a time getting XFree86 to =
display @ better han 640x480.  I've checked my monitor horiz & vert =
settings, and my vid card's settings.  My hardware is as follows:

Monitor:		MAG Innovision DX1595
		Horizontal Freq:  35.1-63.9
		Vertical Freq:  56.2-74.5

Chipset:		Powergraph 64 Video
		Horizontal Freq:  31.5-82
		Vertical Freq:  60-160

I go through xf86config and create my XF86Config file.  It creates =
properly, and I get it in the correct dir.  When the SVGA server starts =
up, it 'deletes' all the =3D> 800x600 display modes from the config file =
and runs in 640x480.  I can't [CTRL][ALT][-], [CTRL][ALT][+], anything.

What gives?  am I just ignorant in the fine art of video config?!  any =
help is appreciated.

(BTW, when is the next ALE meeting?  Thanks)

Sean Dillon
dillon at avana.net
sdillon at us.oracle.com