[ale] Job Posting

Geoffrey Myers geof at abraxis.com
Sat Oct 18 17:17:56 EDT 1997

Coyote wrote:

> The company I'm currently with charges our client $125/Hr.
> for my services as a Solaris Sys Admin., and though I won't

> divulge my cut of that I can say that it is well above 50K.

I'd be curious to know what your definition of a Sys Admin is.  I've not
been looking for such a position, but, as I'm on a review board for tech
promotions at AT&T, I still find it surprising that the postion of Sys
Admin commands such a price tag.  Unless there is some substantial
kernel tweeking or additional responsibilities in the areas like
networking, you would never see this kind of money for your generic Sys
Admin here.

> I'm also currently in job search mode, and the recruiters
> that I'm dealing with are offering in the 75K range for
> permanent employment, with contract positions in the range
> of $40 to $55 per hour.  This is where I derived the values
> of 60-90k per year.

These numbers surprise me as well.

--
Until later: