Fwd: Re: [ale] confusion:)

Chris Ricker gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu
Fri Oct 17 14:30:24 EDT 1997

I gotta quit doing reply-to-sender ;-).

------ Forwarded message ------>>
    From: Chris Ricker <gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu>
 Subject: Re: [ale] confusion:)
    Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 18:19:29 +0000 (GMT)
      To: newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu

On 17 Oct , Dan Newcombe wrote:
> Part 4 I can't do from memory - hopefully the above is correct - if not,
> I'm sure someone will let me know.  I know the above works for machines
> with real IP's, just don't know what needs to change for the ip
> masquerading.

I have a network kinda like Dan's, but I use the 192.68 range of
private addresses, with the gateway linux box at 192.68.1.1 and client
linux box at 192.68.1.2.  With that setup, the ip masquerading is:

ipfwadm -F -p deny # to keep bad things from happening ;-)
ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.68.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0 -W eth0

Simply adjust the ip number and class as appropriate for your private
network, and you should be set.

later,
chris

Chris Ricker                                 gt1355b at prism.gatech.edu