[ale] Heckling billy-g

sjd sjd at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 4 18:33:16 EDT 1997

Under the guise of "know your enemies", on tuesday morning I went to Comdex
at 7:30am to wait in line to see billy-g speak.

(for the record, I was about 600th in line)

At one point, when bill was talking about NT's SCALABILITY, he showed a
video clip of John Gray (anyone know who this guy is?) describing this
45-node NT network that was capable of a BILLION transactions per day.  It
was this ENORMOUSLY montrous thing put together in 19" racks -- about two
rooms full of them.  All the network wiring was behind glass cabinet doors,
and you could see the LED lights flickering away.

At this point, I yelled, "IT LOOKS LIKE A MAINFRAME"

I dunno if billy-g heard me, but it sure felt good to let him know my
feelings.

Question for discussion:
What do you call a week in which you see Bill Gates give a Keynote at
Comdex, and Linus give a keynote at ALS?

steve