[ale] Linux ISP's?

Andrew Newton lfs at smtp.automatedlogic.com
Tue Jun 3 20:57:08 EDT 1997

> }> Anyone have a list of local ISPs that use Linux servers.  My current
> }> ISP uses
> }> NT and I figure I don't want to give Bill anymore money.  I would
> }> rather go
> }> with an ISP that is using some type of UNIX box.
> }>
> }> --
> }> Until later:
> }> Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com       http://www.abraxis.com/geof
                           ^^^^^^^^^^^

  I set two accounts up through Abraxis for work.  Basically,
I don't trust their servers at all and they are my prime example
of why NT sucks as an Internet server of any type.  Their mail
and news servers go up and down constantly (I've counted 5 times
in one day) and their DNS is horribly slow.  The only thing Abraxis
has going for it is they offer the cheapest dial-up ISDN rates
I've found for a routed network.  If it weren't for that, I would
have dumped them long ago.

  I hear Internet Atlanta (or is it Epoch now) uses Linux a lot.
And of course, Mindspring has Digital Unix all over the place and
some Linux on the desktop.

-Andy