[ale] Q: Where are kernel symbols defined?

Brad Dixon bdixon at panda.gtri.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 3 16:51:29 EDT 1997

Hello,

I'm working on an RPM for the rtlinux extensions to the x86 linux kernel.
The RPM is a modified 2.0.27 kernel RPM from Redhat that includes the new
patches and some other modifications to keep from clobbering the current
installation.

Right now when I boot I get the following error message:

linux-2.0.27

I understand what this means, but I'm not sure how to fix it. My RPM
installs a new module-info and System.map to /boot along with the kernel
and the entire module tree in /lib/modules/2.0.27.

Am I missing something important. I've not been able to find a lot of
comprehensive documentation on the modules system to help me out.

Thank you,

Brad

--
Brad Dixon
Georgia Tech Research Institute -- Atlanta, GA