[ale] Ghostscript/Fonts

Todd B SanMillan bain at crl.com
Mon Jan 27 12:26:37 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, Michael Morris wrote:

Don't know about PostScript, someone else will have to answer that one.

> (2). I am running fvwm95 X-windows manager. How do I change the font
> size of the text in an xterm window? Also, how can I change my default
> screen configuration (ie. Which window goes where and what size)?

Look in ~/.fvwm95rc2.  It should have the start-up commands for your shells.
Included will be a font option to the xterm, that looks like "-font 7x14".
That would be the "7x14" font. Change that to one you like.  And then for the
what window where and what size, there should be geometry options that look
like "-geometry 100x200+5+10" . That breaks down to size, position.  In this
case it would be a window 100 by 200 (pixels?) that is 5 (pixels?) from the
left edge and 5 from the top edge. This can be given for each application
in the .fvwm95rc2 file, or you can specify default rules for each
application in your .Xdefaults file.  If you don't have these files in
your home directory, you may want to find the system defaults of these
files and copy it to your howm dir and make any changes there.

Todd