(no subject)

RHS Linux User terry at Gateway.esc1.com
Wed Feb 19 15:20:41 EST 1997

Hello:

I have a ViewSonic 17PS monitor that I am trying to set up for XFree86.  I
have X working on the monitor but am experiencing some "flicker" when doing
something like scrolling in a browser.  I borrowed a "ModeLine" from one of
the documentation files for a different kind of monitor.  I'm thinking that
this needs to be modified.  I looked at the file VideoModes.doc in
/usr/lib/X11/doc and discovered that I don't really want to figure that unless
I have to.  Does anyone else have modeline entries for a ViewSonic 17PS?  If
so, please share it with me and save me a LOT of work.  By the way, the
resolution is 1600x1200.

Thanks for any insight you can give...
  ********************** Enhanced Solutions Computing **********************
  *          Terry Lee Tucker                  E-Mail: terry at esc1.com      *
  *          5505 Raintree Trace                 Work: 770.965.9294        *
  *          Oakwood, GA 30566 USA               Home: 770.967.9108        *
  * John 14:6  Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.   *
  *            No one comes to the Father except through me."              *