[ale] xwd green/Creating animations under Linux

Dan newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Feb 12 09:31:32 EST 1997

Two questions, for your total e-mail value.

I'm running an 16bpp, and when I use xwd to grab an image, then xv to look at
it, the image is very green...makes me feel like I'm running X on a green
monochrome monitor (ask V, I've done it :)  Any ideas?

Does anyone know of a program that will create a AVI or MOV from a series of
images (under Linux of course)?  I'll even sink down low and accept FLI/FLC
creators, but would rather run DTA under DOSEMU than that :)

Thanks!
	-Dan
Dan Newcombe                                 	      dan at mordor.clayton.edu
"Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase. Maybe you were always
behond my reach and my heart was playing safe. But was that love in your eye
I saw or the reflection of mine?"            -Marillion, "Cinderella Search"