[ale] XFMail, EXMH, any good X mail clients

Dan Newcombe root at mordor.clayton.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:12:38 EST 1997

I was using XFMail - great client - just VERY slow, and limited in
sending (only 30 lines in the default editor - blech.)

I then tried TkMail - it kept giving me a debug window and wouldn't run.

I am now on exmh, which isn't to bad.  I just can't figure out how to
get it to get my new mail.

Right now, elm in an xterm is winning.

So, can anyone recommend a good X client for mail?  I'd prefer one that lets me muck up the headers, so that instead of things coming from root at mordor, it will
come from dan at mordor.  (or if there is a hack to do this systemwide (using smail, not sendmail, though I can switch).

Oh...if you haven't guessed, I've ditched Win95 on my desktop and work, and
have now gone Linux.  Only a few snags - mainly in the terminal emulation and
the e-mail. I've been using DOS and WINE to run a dos novell mail program, and
a windows telnet/terminal emulator when I need those...and it works!!!

	-Dan
BTW, if you suggest Xemacs for mail, I'll send you my address for you to send
me a 32M simm :)