[ale] ftape problems with TR-1

charlie charlie at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 4 23:35:55 EST 1997

  I'm trying to get ftape module up and running under linux.  I'm
using a TR-1 travan drive colorado make, and I've compiled the module.
Here's the problem when I go to back up the whole root directory with
tar -cvf /dev/ftape it starts processing, but when I come back it kicks
out and says "time out: cannot access /dev/ftape" But I backed up my
etc directory to the tape and restored it no problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

thanks
charlie

							        Charles Hubbard
	   		 	          Internet: charlie at felix.cc.gatech.edu
 ". . .the pope talks a lot about sex, of which he knows nothing. . ."
	- Robert Anton Wilson