[ale] Linux as has-been OS <G>

Dan Newcombe newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Dec 4 00:49:20 EST 1997

> Has Novell gotton their hands on Caldera also? Does anyone know the pro's and con's about Caldera vs RH?

Caldera is built on top of Red Hat, and has some extra stuff on top of it,
plus almost any commercial apps developed for Linux are really only
"guarenteed" to work w/ Caldera.

The Novell connection to Caldera is that Caldera was founded/funded by Ray
Noorda, the ex head of Novell who hates Microsoft with a passion.

Dan Newcombe                                      newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
"Maybe you were always beyond my reach and my heart was playing safe, But was
 that love in your eye I saw or the reflection of mine?"  --Marillion