[ale] NT 5.0

Mike Nelson mnelson at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 3 23:34:03 EST 1997

Have a look at http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/Gigabit for
benchmarks of Linux2.0.29 vs FreeBSD. Stock Linux beats stock
FreeBSD, but a patched version of FreeBSD was best.
Looks like around 100-120 Mbps on a single 200 MHz Ppro
Also benchmarks comparing Linux PPro clusters to IBM Sp2 and
SGI's Power Challenge.
-M

E-Mail: Mike Nelson <mnelson at bellsouth.net>
Date: 03-Dec-97