[ale] S.u.S.E 5.0 Installation Problem???

Tim Jones ctjones at dankaoi.com
Tue Aug 26 20:04:41 EDT 1997

Hi,
I recently downloaded what I thought was all the necessary files to
install S.u.S.E 5.0.  Everything seems to go fine until I get to the
point where I select the menu option that allows me to Choose my Install
Packages.

It is here where the following message is printed:
     Looking for already installed packages... rpm: not found

Then the YAST program aborts and spits out the following message:
     Error: Open Output File, DETAIL: 0 FILE: SystemCmd.cc LINE: 459

If anyone has any experience with S.u.S.E. Linux, I would appreciate
hearing your comments and suggestions.

Direct replies can be sent to ctjones at dankaoi.com