(no subject)

Robert L Harris nomad at rocky.orci.com
Sat Aug 23 09:50:57 EDT 1997

Ok,
  2 things.

  #1 -- I'm running 2.1.48 in my secondary machine.  I have a 3C509 in
it but after compiling the kenrel with support for it, the card is recognized
and ifconfig'd, but will not pass packets.  Pinging through it just hangs.
My question is if the 509 support is broken as I remember hearing something
about that.

  #2 -- Providing my card is actually dead, I have an older card from Intel.
The only markins are "8/16 Lan Adapter".  Has anyone seen this marking?  What
support should I compile in?  Can anyone tell me which drivers are Intel
besides the Etherworks so i can try them all and see what lights up the
card?

Thanks Alot.
Robert

Robert L. Harris          |    If NT is the answer,
System Engineer For Hire. \_     you don't understand the question.

Email:
Robert at ast.lmco.com
http://www.orci.com/~nomad

DISCLAIMER: