[ale] lap-top install

dan singhal death at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:55:52 EDT 1997

Hey, I'm trying to install Linux [I'll worry abt distrib later] on a new
{to me} Fujitsu Laptop and ... it don't like me

The major problem is this:
	The girl I'm installing it for wants to keep '95 on it to play
games.  No problem, I've done this before.
	FIPS!  FIPS is my friend here.  OK.  FIPS.  i go through all the
steps ... and then it dies telling me
	"Error writing root sector -- Maybe the disk is write protected?"

This is my hard drive, folks.  This is like my friends amiga asking him
to "Insert any volume into hd0"

Anyone know what might be wrong?  fdisk doesn't work either (well, it'll
delete my hard drive, but it can't WRITE the new partition down)

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

--dan

-----
Never mess with magic,