[ale] Sound Blaster 16 (PnP) [/dev/sequencer] problem...

Josh Murrah jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org
Sat Aug 9 00:34:10 EDT 1997

OK folks for you PC linux people out on the list, has anybody gotten a
SB16's FM OPL2/3 to work (for midi file playing)?  when I try to use
/dev/sequencer for anything, it ways "Sequencer not Initiailzed, no such
device or address", or something close.  I got around the PnP part of the
card by RTFM and noting the sentence that said : "please do not pull Jxx,
because this will hardwire your settings to ...", and then pulling Jxx.
:)  I'm using OPL2/3 in the kernel (built-in), I don't check MPU401(it
says not to)... and then I put in 388 for the I/O address for the 401 and
-1 (as instructed) for the IRQ.  The rest of the cound card works
fine, playing AU WAV and MP3 files are no problem with their
respective players.  HELP!

Thanks in for mucking through this post...

Joshua Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://www.salug.org/~jmurrah
This mail is a natural product.  The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.