[ale] RealAudio problems

Bob's Bulk mail transam at cavu.com
Sat Sep 28 00:30:25 EDT 1996

I've not been able to get RealAudio to work and welcome advice.

I installed version 2.0 Beta 4 and created the mime and mailcap files in
my home dir.

When I do their test:

	raplayer welcome.ram

The player image comes up and says it's playing but nothing happens
(except that the clip title, etc is displayed).

As far as I can tell I have the VoxPlayer installed.

cat /dev/sndstat:

	Sound Driver:2.90-2 (Thu May 11 17:16:15 EDT 1995 root at cavu.com)
	Config options: 31c02

	Installed drivers:
	Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
	Type 2: SoundBlaster
	Type 6: SoundBlaster16

	Card config:
	SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
	SoundBlaster16 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 5
	OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 irq 0 drq 0

	PCM devices:
	0: SoundBlaster 16 4.11

	Synth devices:
	0: Yamaha OPL-3

	Midi devices:

	MIDI Timers:
	0: System Timer

	1 mixer(s) installed

All the usual sound stuff like the CD player, /dev/audio, etc. works.

I suspect it is some kind of driver configuration problem.

If I use netscape and click on a real-audio link, the RealAudio graphic
comes up but, again, nothing happens (except that the clip title, etc is
displayed).

Any ideas?

THANKS,

Bob Toxen
bob at cavu.com
transam at cavu.com [ALE]
http://www.mindspring.com/~cavu
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus" (We came, we saw, we hacked)