[ale] installing linux

William Mahavier wsm at mathcs.emory.edu
Wed Sep 11 16:26:51 EDT 1996

I have happily used umsdos on a laptop with 500 megs for two years.
Now I have 2.5 gigs on a desktop pentium with 3 DOS partitions, and
2 are empty. I hope to make a linux partition over the E: partition.
The installation HOWTO says you can not make a swap partition with
more than 16 megs, but I have a friend that says he made one with
64 megs.

My question: Who is right? Can one put more than 16 megs on one
swap partition and have linux use all of it if needed?

I just bought Turbo linux (3.?) with the 2.0 kernel from Pacific
Hi Tech.

Thanks
W. S. Mahavier
Emory University