[ale] Slirp vs. Term

Todd B. SanMillan - Systems Administrator Todd.SanMillan at crl.com
Wed Sep 4 10:03:44 EDT 1996

> Hi Justin,
>
> > 	I'm presently running Slirp and PPP to run remotely an X-windows
> > application on a HP workstation and view it from home under Linux.

<snip>

> If you are going to be doing a lot of X-windows work from home, it
> will be well worth your money to get ISDN.
>
> Alex

There is something called low-bandwidth X and various compression
protocols for X.  I haven't tried 'em and have not heard any comments
good or bad, but you might try digging up some info.  Though ISDN
is probably the easier choice.  However, maybe the 2 can work
together.  Let us know if you find anything out.

Todd