[ale] re: alarm clock

Todd Graham Lewis tlewis at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 31 22:14:21 EST 1996

On Thu, 31 Oct 1996, John M. Mills wrote:

> }I'm trying to whip something up in linux to act as an alarm clock, that
> }is, I specify a time, or an amount of time, and my computer starts beeping
> }when that time arrives.
>
> I would like to find something very close to this, which appears under
> SunOs as 'leave' -- does anyone have a pointer to such an item which I
> could port to Linux?

tlewis{reflections}/home/tlewis#  su
Password:
tlewis{reflections}/home/tlewis#  echo "
15 7 * * * tlewis /bin/cat /home/tlewis/alarm.au > /dev/audio
" >> /etc/crontab

tlewis{reflections}/home/tlewis#  killall -HUP cron
tlewis{reflections}/home/tlewis#  exit

Or were you looking for something with a GUI?

__
Todd Graham Lewis             Linux!                 Core Engineering
Mindspring Enterprises  tlewis at mindspring.com   (800) 719 4664, x2804